- NOTE: This is the 3rd generation 8 GB iPod touch that comes installed with iPhone OS 3.1 Software; it physically looks identical to the 2nd generation 8 GB iPod touch
- IMPORTANT: To get started using your iPod, charge your player using the USB cable for at least 2 hours
- 8 GB capacity for 1,750 songs, 10,000 photos, or 10 hours of video
- This third-generation 8 GB iPod touch includes standard Apple earphones; it does not come with earphones with microphone and is not compatible with Voice Control
- Up to 30 hours of music playback or 6 hours of video playback when fully charged
- 3.5-inch widescreen Multi-Touch display with 480 x 320 pixel resolution
- Supports AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV audio formats; H.264 and MPEG-4 video formats; JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF
- One-year limited warranty with single incident of complimentary telephone technical support
- Product Dimensions: 2.4 x 0.3 x 4.3 inches ; 8 ounces
iPod touch is a great iPod, a great pocket computer, and a great portable game player. Listen to a mix of songs automatically put together by the new Genius Mixes feature. Watch a movie. Surf the web. Download countless apps. Discover games and apps you're sure to love with new Genius recommendations for apps. And since iPod touch now comes with the latest 3.1 software already installed, you can start using fun, convenient features right out of the box.
iPod touch is a great iPod, a great pocket computer, and a great portable game player.
Genius Mixes creates multiple mixes you'll love.
Give iPod touch a shake to shuffle to a different song in your music library.
Next-Level Fun: The New iPod touch
Flick through your albums. Listen to a unique mix created just for you. Or watch the video for your favorite song. With iPod touch, it's more than just hearing your music.
What a song does for your ears, Cover Flow on iPod touch does for your eyes and fingers. It's a virtual party for the senses. Turn iPod touch on its side and glide through your music by album art with the flick of your finger. Tap an album cover to flip it over and display a track list. Tap again to start the music.
Now the Genius feature is even more powerful. Introducing Genius Mixes. All you do is sync iPod touch to iTunes, and Genius automatically searches your library to find songs that sound great together. Then it creates multiple mixes you'll love. These mixes are like channels programmed entirely with your music.
Say you're listening to a song you really like and want to hear other tracks that go great with it. The Genius feature finds other songs on your iPod touch that sound great with the one you were listening to and makes a Genius playlist for you. Listen to the playlist right away, save it for later, or even refresh it and give it another go. Count on Genius to create a mix you wouldn't have thought of yourself.
Shake to Shuffle
Shake things up a bit. Musically speaking, that is. The next time you're listening to your tunes, turn on Shake to Shuffle, then give iPod touch a shake to shuffle to a different song in your music library.
Fill your iPod touch with songs and music videos from your iTunes library on your computer. Or buy and download new music on your iPod touch when you access iTunes over Wi-Fi. Songs you purchase on iPod touch transfer to your Mac or PC the next time you connect iPod touch to your computer.
Look, no cables. iPod touch includes the iPhone 3.1 software, so you can pair Bluetooth stereo headphones with it. Keep your iPod in your bag or charging on your desk across the room and still listen to your music.