Product DescriptionNo complicated attachments as with other hoods available. It's easy to put on, you just slip it over your head and it's on.
The film is lightweight, resists radiation and tension and can support high temperatures.
This mask comes in a pocket size format and is very easy to use. The pack measures 5 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 3/4" thick (picture of pack above). It can easily be transported in a briefcase, carry on bag, suitcase, handbag or placed in a strategic area for an emergency. (Velcroed under the bed)
There is a front filter already attached so there is no complicated instructions. Just put your head in the hood. The filters are made of multiple layers and provides protection against smoke and toxic gas; the filters possess a great absorption capacity permitting only air to pass through.
The mask will give up to 20 minutes of breathable air in a smoke and toxic gas environment.
Elastic neck band provides a snug fit and prevents smoke form entering hood..
Protects head and respiratory system efficiently. It insures great visibility which permits the user to quickly get to a secure place.
In it’s packaging, mask is guaranteed to last 5 years. During this period, no inspection or maintenance is necessary.
While the mask is worn, the faculties of communicating are not affected. No need to insert any aparatus in mouth or nose.
Can be used in every market such as commercial, industrial and institutional market.
All the components of the hood possess certifications.
International engineers have invested the past two years in developing the Peace of Mind evacuation hood. The P.O.M. evacuation hood increases your chances of surviving a fire or bacteriological emergency. It provides 20 minutes of breathable air allowing you precious time to evacuate.
Features and Benefits:
- Filters smoke and bacteriological contaminants
- Pocket size package (6" X 5" X ½" 15cm X 12.5cm X 1.5 cm)
- Easy to use
- Clear see-through high heat resistant nylon film allows full range of vision
- Filter adapts to any face
- Reflective elements make user visible to rescuers
- Glow in the dark inscription makes hood easy to find in the dark.
- No mouth piece - allows user to communicate freely
- Elastic neck band provides a snug fit and prevents smoke form entering hood.
The Peace of Mind evacuation hood is intended to be used by the general public, fire departments, ambulance crews, government personnel and any frontline professional in the case of an emergency.
- Filter: Meets NIOSH N99 standard (99.9% at .3 microns)
- Fabric: Extensible laminated hydrophilic fabric (heat resistance: 480°F / 250°C)
- Film : Clear nylon visor (heat resistance :400F / 205C)
- Reflective Elements: ANSI/ISEA 107-1999 retro reflectivity
- Shelf life: 5 years from date of manufacturing
Where to use:
The P.O.M.'s compact, lightweight format make it easy to store where it will be most easily accessible in case an emergency arises. Here are some suggestions:
- Night table
- At work: Desk, briefcase, handbag, etc.
- Travelling: In carry-on bag, pocket
Bird Flu short term evacuation (20 min).
Intended as an evacuation device only.
Not to be used for firefighting or entering a burning building.
One time use only.
Will not provide protection from exposure to extreme heat and open flames.
Not intended for use in conditions that produce a high concentration of extremely corrosive gases as would be found in chemical factories